I have: (and there is conflicting info… so hopefully someone knows more.)
GIOVANNI MORETTO was born on 01 Oct 1880 in Locana, Italy. He died on 14 Oct 1918 in
Westville, Illinois. He married CATERINA MARIA NEGRI on 11 Apr 1903, daughter of Giacomo Negri and Francesca Maria Pezetti. She was born on 17 Nov 1874 in Locana Italy. She died on 01 July 1961 in Belgium Town, Illinois at 7:30 pm.
Giovanni: Giovanni Moretto was born on 01 Oct 1880 in Costallamente Italy. He was born on 01
Oct 1880 in Riveralo, Italy. He was born on 08 Oct 1880. He was employed as a Coal miner. His height was 5 ft. 6 in.. His weight was 175 lb. 0 oz.. Sex: Male. He lived in Belgiumtown, Il. Ethnicity/Relig.: Catholic; Italian. Additional Comment: Name really Gian. His cause of death was Influenza epedemic of 1918. He also went by the name of John Moretto and Came on the boat Loraine. (I’ve seen these ship records) Comment: Signed papers to apply for citizenship 7th day of Aug 1917. Comment: Arrived to the US the 5th day of March.
Notes for Giovanni Moretto: Complexion Dark, Hair Brown, Eyes Gray
Caterina Maria: Caterina Maria Negri was born on 18 Nov 1874 in Locana, Italy. She immigrated to the US Aboard the SS Prinz Adalbert on 06 Jan 1905. She was counted in the census on 18 Apr 1930 in Belguimtown Village, Vermillion Co. Illinois. Citizenship: 08 Mar 1939. Her weight was 145 lb. 0 oz.. Sex: Female. She lived in Belgiumtown, Il. She was employed as a Mother. (and my grandmother said she cleaned houses after her husband died) Comment 2: 3:00 PM. Comment 1: declaration of intention May 22,1936 at. Her height was 5 ft. 3 in.. Ethnicity/Relig.: Catholic; Italian.
Notes for Caterina Maria Negri:
Declaration of Intention
Giovanni Moretto aged 38 years occupation Coal Miner Color White Complexion- Dark height 5’6″
weight 175 hair Brown eyes gray born in Costellamente, Italy the 1st day of Oct 1880 emigrated
from Havre, France on the boat Loraine – lived in Locana Italy King was Victor Emmanuel III arrived
the 5th day of March 1904 signed the 7th day of Aug. 1917. (Grandma said 1904 – but was probably the difference between arriving and signing to apply for citizenship)
Declaration of Intention
John (Gian) Moretto aged 36 years Occupation Coal Miner
Color White Complexion Dark, height 5’6″, weight 175, hair brown, eyes gray
born in Costellamente Italy, 1st day of Oct, 1880 emigrated from Havre, France on the boat Loraine and had lived in Lacona, Italy King was Victor Emmanuel III arrived 5th day of March signed 7th day of Aug. 1917
I’m not sure why for the Decl of Intent for Great Grandpa I have two different ages and dates….
Katherina Moretto Cert. of Citizenship no. 4546961, Petition no 1117, At that time age 64, sex Female, color white complexion Olive, eyes Brown hair Grey-black, height 5’3″ weight 145, mole on right cheek admitted on March 8th 1939 by Marie Burnett Deputy Clerk. Died Age 86 at 7:30 pm Saturday July 1, 1961 at Belgiumtown had been ill 6 months lived in Belgiumtown since 1917. Went from Ellis Island to Clinton and from 1905 lived in Clinton, IN briefly before moving to Belgiumtown.
May 28, 1930
Name Maria Negri, Filed June 1936 , Port New York, Date 1/6/1905 on the Boat Prinz Adalbert
May 13, 1936 Katherine Moretto Declaration of Intention (first papers) Examiner of this Service in the office of the clerk, US District Court, Danville, on May 22, 1936 at 3:00 PM., Saw A.M. Doig Assistant District Director
Katherine Moretto May 13, 1936
Declaration of Intention (first papers) Examiner of this service in the office of the Clerk, Us district Court, Danville on May 28, 1936 at 3:00 PM and Saw A.M. Doig Assistant District Director
They were married on 02 Mar 1900 in Locana Italy. They were married on 28 Apr 1900 in Locana,
Italy. (I have two different dates, this could have been one civil and one church)
Giovanni Moretto and Caterina Maria Negri had the following children:
2. THERESA HELEN MORETTO was born on 08 Dec 1916 in Belgium Town, Illinois. She died on 25 Jan 2006 in Danville, Illinois. She married (1) CLIFFORD DOUGLAS MCARDLE on 28 Jul 1938 in Crawfordville, IN, son of Elmer E McArdle and Hattie Jane Mahaffey. He was born
on 04 Jan 1916 in Il.. He died on 14 Jun 1943 in Danville Il at Elsworth Park in
North Fork River. She married (2) ESTLE OSCAR WAKELAND on 02 Mar 1946 in
Danville, IL. He was born on 22 Mar 1904. He died on 20 Nov 1975 in Lakeview Hospital, Danville Il..
ii. FRANCESCA NEGRI was born on 16 Mar 1901 in Locana Italy4. She died on 24 Dec 1906 in Clinton, Indiana (or Dec. 29).
Francesca Negri was born in 1876 in Locana Italy. She was born on 09 Mar 1901 in
Locana, Italy. She immigrated on 06 Jan 1905. Sex: Female. She also went by the name of Frances Moretto. Her cause of death was Typhoid.
3. iii. MARY MORETTO was born on 25 Dec 1903 in Locana Italy. She died on 27 Dec 1986 in Danville, Illinois Vermilion Co.. She married FRANK FALETTI on 11 Oct 1921 in Danville, IL. He was born on 06 Sep 1890 in Italy. He died on 12 Dec 1982 in Danville, IL.
4. iv. MARGARET MORETTO was born on 25 Dec 1903 in Locana Italy. She died on 20 Jul 1973. She married JULIUS DUBOIS on 26 Jun 1920. He was born on 18 Dec 1891. He died on 24 Apr 1962.
v. THERESA MORETTO was born on 17 Nov 1905. She died on 06 Jan 1914. Sex: Female. Her cause of death was Diptheria.
5. vi. BERNARD JAMES MORETTO was born on 17 Feb 1907. He died on 13 Feb 1990. He married MILDRED B SUTTON on 16 Apr 1931. She was born on 11 Feb 1913. She died on 16 Dec 1970.
6. vii. JAMES A MORETTO was born on 17 Nov 1909 in Illinois. He died on 12 Oct 1992 in Danville. He married HELEN KARUSHIS on 07 May 1929, daughter of Andrew Karushis and Eva Karushis. She was born on 10 Feb 1908 in Pennsylvania. She died on 01 May 1975.
7. viii. JOHN MORETTO was born on 30 Jul 19116. He died on 26 Mar 19866. He married (1) HELEN SHANNON on 23 Apr 19322. He married (2) HELEN LEMON on 23 Apr 1937. She was born on 16 Mar 1922. She died on 04 May 1984.
ix. KATHERINE PURINA MORETTO was born on 08 Oct 1912. She died on 24 Dec 2001 in Danville, Il at Nursing Home. She married (1) FREEMAN HACQUETT on 27 Jun 1931. He was born on 24 Apr 1904. He died on 10 Apr 1951. She married (2) RALPH CHILDS on 19 Feb
1955. He was born on 02 Jan 1895. He died on 28 Jan 1978.
Katherine Purina Moretto was counted in the census on 18 Apr 1930 in Belgiumtown, Vermillion Co, Illinois. She was buried on 28 Dec 2001 in Georgetown Twp, Vermilion Co, IL. Sex: Female.
(Aunt Kate always said it was a typo on the birth certificate and was to be Katherine Petrina)
8. x. LENA MORETTO was born on 16 Mar 1914. She died on 12 Dec 1987 in Carle clinic, Champaign Il. She married ERVIN CHAME MACK on 04 Nov 1939. He was born on 10 Apr 1915. He died on 07 Nov 2009.