I’ve been trying the new ancestry. I do like parts of the new site. So far I’ve mostly played with hints and the facts view. The new site includes and updated LifeStory view, the Facts view (with lines linking facts to sources), and a media gallery. If you want to sign up to be added to the waitlist, sign up at:
Ancestry recently posted on their blog the list of features they are working on. One thing that is super annoying to me is the extra step on hints. After choosing to review a hint, I receive a preview of the information and am asked if this looks like my relative, (yes, no, or maybe)… after answering yes I get to go on to the screen to match up the details to my tree. Previously it was assumed if you chose review you thought it was a match…. so why the extra step?
I can’t wait to see where Ancestry goes with this though….
Scheduled to be available in the next couple of weeks:
- Web Links: quick links to web pages
- Media Gallery features:
- Save: Save photos to your family trees from the new media viewer
- Edit: change the description and details on a photo or story
- Create/upload story: create and upload a new story in the media Gallery
- Audio/video file support: view and listen to audio and video files
Planned to be available in about a month:
- Profile picture cropping: edit/crop a profile photo to fit in the circular photo space
- Quick Edit: edit an ancestor’s vital information directly from the tree viewer
- Media Gallery sorting/filtering: sort and filter by media type, chronological order
- FamilySearch integration: LDS Account holders can share information between their Ancestry tree and their Family Tree on FamilySearch
Exact Functionality/Timing still TBD:
- Member Connect features: Find other members researching a similar ancestor and save info from their family trees
Lower-priority features/not currently being addressed: These features have very low usage. We will evaluate these once we have taken care of the more important needs and features represented above.
- Family Group Sheet: a family view of the tree data
- Military Pages: tribute pages for ancestors who served in the military
– See more at: http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2015/06/05/new-ancestry-feature-update/#sthash.FrP27dn6.dpuf